Fred Laird’s Decade of Amazing Releases 12.26.9
(ed. Note, Boyd) Fred is the guitarist/singer of the AMAZING UK Psych/Prog band Earthling Society. High Mountain Tempel partnered with them for the “Pilgrimage to Thunderbolt Pagoda” release. He’s an incredible musician and an atomic generator of creative energy. He’s also one of the people I would turn to if I were starting a cult.
(ed. Note, Nielsen) Fred is a master of psych improv true heavy rocking deliverable chakra cleansing. If you don't know his band Earthling Society, you should! His album, Beauty and the Beast, will be on my list.
1. The Sign of The Three-Eyed Men - 13th Floor Elevators (box set)
The holy grail of psychedelic rock, proving once and for all that the Elevators were the greatest band to ever live and breath.
2. Dark Shadows – Cold Sun
Released in 1970 and only released for the first time on CD last year. This album actually sounds contemporary. A cross between the Elevators, the Doors and the Velvet Underground all rolled into one mystical ooze. A masterpiece and possibly my second fav album of all time
3. Simply Saucer - Cyborgs revisited
Simply awesome. One of the best bands ever
4. Terminal Lovers - Drama, Pit and Loan
A visionary head-trip of an album. Probably the best alt rock album since Spiderland in my humble opinion.
5. Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
Just beautiful and almost religious.
and the rest....
6. Comets on Fire - Blue Cathedral
7. Acid Mothers Temple - Myth of The Love Electrique
8. Maquiladora - Ritual of Hearts
9. Valerie And Her Week of Wonders - O.S.T.
10. Sri Aurobindo - Return to Earth