Guilty Pleasures 2007 (so far)
Keith Boyd 02.01.07
Ah, guilty pleasures! Is there anything as ubiquitous or secrective? Well seeing as we've all got them I'm stepping out of the shadows and boldly declaring mine. Hell, they're all things I've been digging so why not? If you feel so inspired dear readers, we'd love to see you list for this very new year, so email us. Let us know what you've been secretly digging and not telling anyone about!
1. House: An hour show every Tuesday night with good writing and a huge dose of terrible behavior!
2. Geek in the Pink: Jason Mraz pumps it out on this one. The bass whooshes alone make it worthwhile!
3. Crossword Puzzles: Nerd friendly goodness. The Reader's is mostly a good time while the New York Times Sunday is a stone cold
4. Ice Cold Japanese Beer: Yum-Yum-Yum.
5. Iron Chef America: Mario Batali is the man! Every Kung Fu style preparation on this show makes your mouth water, Lemon curry Lobster Bisque anyone?
6. Central Heating: Once upon a time I NEVER used it. Now a days it just feels oh so good...
7. The Adam Carolla Show: A few laughs every morning on the way to work, nothing wrong with that is there?
8. Netflix: I resisted for a long time but like the Borg say; "Resistance is futile". They really do have a good thing going and where else are you going to find the Sun Ra classic, "Space is the Place"?
Well that's all for now dear readers! I'm sure there will be many more before 07 gives up the ghost. Remember to email with your list. You know you want to!