Tattoo You - Andres by Keith Boyd 07.31.07
Andres is one of the cool guys who make the BEST pizza in San Diego at Knockout Pizzeria on Oceanside Boulevard. Trust me people, you NEED to go eat here. He had some wild and colorful tattoos and agreed to talk about them. Hey Andres, keep those killer slices coming!
1. What was your first tattoo? I first got some initials on my wrist but my first real piece started with the skull and just sort of grew from there.
2. Is there a theme or reason behind the design? Not really. I just wanted everything to keep working together. As new things came to mind I got them added on and once I added the mermaid I felt that it was done.
3. What does your family think? My Mother likes the colors but other than that they haven’t really made too many comments.
4. Do you have a particular artist or shop you go to? All of my tatttoos were done by my friend Mike “Santa Fe” Mcanlist. He did them in a home setting at the time but he’s now at Slinger’s in Miramar.
5. Do you have any plans for more? If so, what are they? I’ve always got plans for more, it’s just trying to work out the vision more clearly. I eventually plan to get a 1/2 to 3/4 sleeve on one arm.